These are just as tasty as their flour counterparts. You can make up a batch of the mixture and store it in the fridge for an easy, protein packed and filling snack.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey or other liquid sweetener (agave nectar or maple syrup)
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- a few tablespoons of cooking oil or ghee (for the pan)
- your choice of favourite sweet or savoury toppings
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk to mix together well.
- Heat a skillet on a low to medium heat with about 1 tablespoon of oil or ghee.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter per pancake on the heated pan. Spoon more on if you want larger pancakes.
- When you can slide a spatula under the pancake easily, flip the pancake and cook on the other side.
- Cook for a few more minutes and place the cooked pancakes on a warm plate and cover. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Enjoy with favourite topping.
Makes about 20 small sized pancakes