This quick and simple dish is great for making for a bunch of guests or for a go to snack.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond meal
- 300ml cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the sliced potato on a baking tray in a single layer & bake until edges are crisp. (move onto step 2 while these cook). When done, remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook for 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Cool.
- In a greaseproof paper lined dish lay the baked potatoes ensuring you cover the majority of the base and up the sides (this is your base). Sprinkle bacon over the layer of potato. Top with cheese.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180°C. Whisk remaining ingredients and pepper in a jug. Pour into the dish. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Stand for 5 minutes then enjoy!