Barramundi baked with an Italian influenced chunky sauce. A great way to feed the family.
- 2 whole barramundi
- dried basil, sea salt and coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 5-7 sprigs fresh oregano or 2 tablespoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Make several slices on the body of the fish at an angle so you’re able to tuck some seasoning inside.
- Season the barramundi with dried basil, salt & pepper on both sides, making sure you get some in the slices. Lay on a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the barramundi is baking chop the bacon into bite size pieces and cook in a medium-size sauce pan, stirring constantly.
- Add the garlic and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the bacon and stir to combine.
- Add the onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and oregano and let the sauce come to a boil.
- Plate the barramundi, spoon the tomato sauce on top and serve.