A delicious treat that you can use on Almond Meal Pancakes and can easily be adapted with any other type of fruit. Ensure you use fresh blueberries for maximum flavour and sweetness.
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine blueberries and agave nectar in a small saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat (for about 5 minutes) until berries soften and begin to burst.
- Add chia seeds and cook for about 15 minutes. Stirring constantly until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add vanilla extract and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.