Try this porridge as an alternative to the regular rolled oats variety. It reminds me of Christmas!
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans or other nuts
- Remove the seeds and pulp from the squash then peel the outside with a vegetable peeler. Cut into small chunks and microwave 5 – 6 minutes until soft.
- Warm up a bowl (with boiling water or fill it with water and give it a couple of minutes in a microwave).
- Blend in a food processor until smooth and add the coconut milk and cinnamon while the blades are still running.
- Serve in the warm bowl, garnished with extra nuts and some butter or extra coconut milk.
Serves 3 – 4