An amazing tasting salad with a Mediterranean influence.
- 1 medium sized ripe tomato
- 200 g ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 beef tomato
- 1 medium red onion, peeled
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 handful fresh dill
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 large handful black olives, stoned
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 3 tbs quality Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g block feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Slice tomatoes into different shapes. Medium – wedges, cherry – halves, beef tomato – discs; & put into a large bowl.
- Thinly slice the red onion and put into the bowl.
- With a fork, make deep grooves in the cucumber down it’s length. Slice thickly.
- Remove seeds from capsicum and cut into rings. Add to the bowl along with cucumber.
- Leave a couple of mint leaves aside and chop the dill and majority of the mint leaves and put into the bowl.
- Squeeze the large handful of olives over the ingredients in the bowl then add them in.
- Add salt, vinegar and extra virgin olive oil & toss together.
- Break up the feta and spread it on top of each serving along with a sprinkling of oregano & use the spare mint leaves as garnish. Drizzle with a little more extra virgin olive oil and serve.