Try this simple alternative to regular beef burgers. Packed full of essential oils and amazing flavours to match.
- 700g skinless, boneless salmon
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs finely chopped dill
- 1 tbs drained capers
- 1 finely chopped jalapeño pepper, deseeded
- 2 tbs finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- lemon wedges for garnish
- iceberg lettuce
- your choice of burger toppings and dressings
- Cut the salmon into chunks and put 1/4 of it into the food processor with the Dijon mustard. Pulse until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add the rest of the salmon along with the rest of the ingredients and pulse to break up the newly poured salmon into smaller pieces. Be careful not to pulse too much otherwise your burgers won’t work.
- Make 4 salmon patties and (using some oil) fry or grill the first side until the burger is firm enough to flip. Repeat on the other side until cooked (3-5 minutes).
- Place a couple of leaves of iceberg lettuce on a plate (lettuce buns). Stack salmon burger & your favourite burger dressings (tomato, lettuce, spinach, avocado, cheese, sauces, dressings, etc) and complete the stack with a couple of layers of lettuce, garnish the plate with lemon wedges and enjoy!