Now that I’m working on a ship with VERY limited amounts of options for cooking. I decided to revisit an old microwave dessert that’s super easy to make. I was aiming for a cake-like, soft and puffy consistency but I came across this amazing chewy surprise instead!
- 2 heaped tbs flaxseed meal
- 1 heaped tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tbs honey w/royal jelly and bee pollen (or any kind of honey) – adjust to desired sweetness
- 1 tbs organic coconut oil
- some almonds
- some goji berries
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a mug leaving some almonds and goji berries for garnish.
- Add honey and coconut oil then mix well.
- Heat up in the microwave until you can smell the chocolatey smell. It should be bubbling. Mix it up a bit to check that it’s a thick and sticky consistency. If not put it back in the microwave for another 5-10 seconds. It won’t take long to bake!
- THE MUG IS GOING TO BE EXTRA HOT! Be careful when removing it from the microwave. Mix the brownie up a bit with a fork (it will be steaming hot so don’t eat it right away) and garnish with left over nuts and goji berries.
This only makes a small amount but it’s enough to satisfy. Double the ingredients for an extra treat and top with ice-cream!