This Thai inspired dish is easy and super that goes well with broccoli, cauliflower (or any really) vegetable/s that’ll soak up the wonderful sauce.
- 500g chicken thighs
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 package shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ sweet onion, thinly chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons fat of choice
- You will need 2 separate skillets for this meal. One large, one medium.
- First place the large skillet under medium heat and add a bit of fat along with your minced garlic and onion. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add coconut milk and mushrooms to begin to cook down. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Once mushrooms are tender, use grater for some fresh ginger directly into the pan. Mix together. Add salt and pepper to taste and cover to let cook while you cook your chicken.
- Put your medium skillet over medium-high heat and add a bit of fat. In the meantime, season chicken thighs with salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder.
- Add chicken thighs to pan and cook for 4-6 minutes each side, depending on thickness.
- As chicken is almost cooked add to the simmering coconut sauce pan and cover. Cook for about 3-5 minutes.