Make this tasty, buttery, garlicky meal without having to use breadcrumbs. Serve alongside a salad or a simple base of steamed vegetables. The paleo breadcrumbs can also be used to coat other “breadcrumbed” dishes.
- ½ cup almond meal or almond flour
- ¼ cup golden flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 ¼ tsp sea Salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
*Optional: 1 tablespoon rrowroot powder (if you need to thicken a dish)
- Mix all ingredients of Paleo Breadcrumbs together and place into a large bowl.
- 2 (150g) free-range skinless chicken breasts
- 30g of butter
- 3 garlic cloves. crushed
- 2 tsp freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tsp lemon juice
To help the breadcrumbs stick to the chicken
- 1 egg
- 15g butter, melted (make sure it’s only warm and not boiling)
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts so when you open it up you have a heart-like shape.
- Cover the breast with cling film (to help stop bits flying everywhere) and, using a meat tenderizer, flatten them to .5 cm thickness. Make sure you get uniform thickness.
- Place half the garlic, butter and parsley on the wider side of one breast and drizzle with lemon juice. Roll it up tightly and bring the sides in to enclose the flavour into the chicken. Keep in place with 3 toothpicks – sides and center. Repeat with the 2nd breast.
- Mix the egg and melted butter and coat the chicken with the mixture.
- Roll the Chicken Kiev in the Paleo Breadcrumbs until evenly coated. Double coat for an extra crunchy coating. Repeat with the 2nd breast.
- Bake in the oven on the top shelf for 10 minutes on each side.
- Enjoy alongside favourite side salad.