Seafood is so abundant in Thailand and the prawns they have on show at restaurants can get absolutely massive. Prawn cakes make for a tasty and interesting way to serve these tasty little critters. You’ll need a food processor otherwise finely chop all ingredients.
- 500g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 red or yellow capsicum, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons spring onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp chipotle chile, ground
- 1 egg
- ½ cup coriander
- ½ cup almond meal
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil for sautéing
- Place prawns, capsicum, garlic, spring onion, lime juice, agave nectar, salt, chilli, egg and coriander into a food processor and pulse until all ingredients are well mixed through.
- Shape the mixture into 12 1.5cm thick cakes and coat each one with almond meal.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add 4 cakes and cook for about 5 minutes on each side – until browned. Remove and place on paper towel lined plate.
- Cook the rest of the cakes 4 at a time using 1 tablespoon of oil after each batch and serve along with some sweet chilli sauce.