Sweet potato – so much more flavour than regular potatoes and nutritionally much better for you. Good for eyesight and helps with immunity. This simple mash has an amazing aroma thanks to the cinnamon.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ stick of butter
- ½ cup of cream
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- (optional) salt, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over medium heat.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut them in half length-wise. Cut each half into quarters so you have 8 pieces per potato.
- When the water is boiling add the sweet potatoes and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes can be easily pierced through with a knife.
- Drain and return the potatoes to the pot. Add butter, cream and cinnamon and mash to desired consistency with a masher. I like mine super smooth.
- Adjust the taste with salt if you like.