This pie recipe uses tasty mashed cauliflower & a tomato base for a simple & heart-warming meal that you can prepare and then keep refrigerated for leftovers. You will need a 23cm x 33cm baking pan.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp cracked pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Cut head of cauliflower into small chunks ensuring to use the stem as well
- Put all ingredients into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, reduce to medium heat, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes to soften the vegetable until it’s mashable. You may need to add extra liquid to cook until done.
- MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THE LIQUID! Use a food processor or hand mixer to mash the cauliflower. If it’s too dry use some of the reserved liquid to lift the mixture.
(Feel free to eat like regular mash! Add bacon bits, various herbs or extra butter for a creamier texture)
- 1 TBS coconut or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped garlic
- 1kg lamb or beef mince
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups diced red capsicum
- 2 cups sweet corn
- 1 TBS finely chopped rosemary
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 L canned tomatoes
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
- Preheat over to 175˚C.
- Add oil into a large saucepan and sauté garlic (until fragrant) over a high/medium heat.
- Add in meat. Combing it well with he garlic until brown.
- Remove the meat mixture from the pan (put it in the baking pan) and replace with the fresh vegetables and herbs. Cook until onion become translucent.
- Add meat back into the pan along with the tomatoes and liquids and let it simmer until some of the liquid evaporates.
- Pour filling into the baking pan and top with cauliflower mash. Use a spatula to form a thick smooth layer.
- Bake until mash slightly browns and let sit for 15 minutes after removing from the oven.