Get more protein in your diet with this quiche recipe. Feel free to mix in any assortment of vegetables for a nourishing (and very tasty) dish that will last for days. I used a spring form cake tin to bake this in but any 13 X 33cm baking dish will do.
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 120g butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped red capsicum
- 1/2 cup chopped green capsicum
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Whisk the eggs until slightly frothy in a large bowl then whisk in the almond meal and baking powder.
- Melt the butter in a large pan and sauté onions (until transparent) and spinach. Add in the rest of the vegetables.
- Combine the vegetable/butter into the bowl of eggs and pour into the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked.