I combine a whole lot of colourful vegetables that bring together sweet, zesty & tangy to create an attractive salad that looks as good as it tastes! You’ll have a complete set of protein here too because of the combination of vegetables, beans and cheese. This recipe is for a bulk preparation so feel free to halve it if you just need to serve for a couple of people. You will need a large steamer for the pumpkin.
- 1/2 a large pumpkin
- 2 cups (dried) adzuki beans
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 1 red capsicum
- 1/2 bunch celery
- 300g Bulgarian feta & brine
- Prepare adzuki beans by rinsing first and then soaking overnight ensuring to have the water level about 5 cm higher than the beans to allow for absorption.
- Drain the beans and using fresh water, boil them in a pot. Once the water is boiling discard this water and re-fill the pot with fresh water and bring to the boil. Leave to simmer until beans are cooked (about 20 – 30 minutes).
- While the beans are cooking begin to peel and dice the pumpkin and steam until cooked.
- While the pumpkin and beans are cooking finely slice the onion and celery and roughly chop the capsicum and feta.
- Let the beans and pumpkin cool down then combine all of the ingredients along with the brine in a large bowl. Enjoy!