This. Is. Dangerous! Get ready to indulge into the most moist, rich and decadent brownie you will find that is completely gluten free! I’m pretty sure the magic ingredient here is the avocado.
- 2 whole avocado, mashed
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate, melted (use milk chocolate if you prefer a sweeter brownie)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup stevia, agave nectar or honey (optional)
- Preheat over to 180˚C.
- Melt the chocolate and set aside.
- Using a bowl and electric mixer whisk the egg white along with the sweetener until soft peaks form and the mixture has grown in size.
- Gradually add the melted dark chocolate.
- Stir in the almond meal, cocoa powder, salt and vanilla essence.
- Add mashed avocado and mix well with the electric mixer.
- Pour into a square baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes and allow to cool before serving.