Summer time in Australia always calls for a juicy watermelon to be smashed down! This salad combines the sweetness of watermelon along with some other fresh ingredients for a perfect, palette cleansing summer salad. Double or triple the ingredients (1.8kg watermelon!?) if entertaining for larger groups.
- 600g watermelon, cubed or scooped out using a melon baller
- 300g cucumber, scored and sliced
- 3TBS fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Score cucumber by using a metal fork and running it down the length of the cucumber before slicing (pressing quite hard).
- Put lemon juice and balsamic vinegar into a small jar and shake (keep in the jar and pour over the salad just before serving).
- Combine all ingredients and enjoy!